I am going through papers and throwing away anything irrelevant or out of date before we take off for France on Wednesday.
This recipe has been on the desk here since we last had dinner here together on Mothers' Day. That is a good memory. I miss you all.
Anyhow, here is the recipe for whoever copied it onto a napkin.
3-5 t. fish sauce
1+ t. lime zest
2 T. lime juice
1 T. canola oil
2 t. brown sugar
1 t. rice vinegar
1/4 t. crushed red pepper
1 diced medium English cucumber
1 avocado - diced
1 mango - diced
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
Whisk the 1st 7 ingredients to combine and coat. Then toss with veggies.
Let me know if you ever try it. It sounds good. Now I can throw out the napkin.
11 comments:
I'm afraid I won't be one to try it. I really don't like mangos (at least the ones I have tasted), cilantro is another flavor I can take only in very small doses and I don't even think I want to know how one makes "fish" sauce. jl
I don't like mangos either. Tom had a salad at Baja Fresh recently that had mango salsa. It didn't taste quite right.
Hey, sweet! I copied it out of Molly's "Eating Well" magazine. We love mangos and cilantro AND FISH SAUCE. Hee hee. But I don't like cheese too much. :-)
What in the world is fish sauce? It doesn't sound like it should be anywhere near fruit.
It's not something I have on my shelf . . .
It is a Thai food ingrediant. Mmm Mmmm.
I'm attempting to eat mangos every day I'm in Thailand. I'm 2 for 3 and I haven't had breakfast yet!
Some mangos are good. Boise, ID grocery store mangos are definitely not very good.
Be sure to report if you consume any fish sauce.
I'm interested to know if you can figure out how fish sauce is made, Andy!!
Maybe we would rather not know . . .
Post a Comment