Friday, June 01, 2007

China!

Finally, some good news!

I've been selected to go to China! I just received an unofficial notification from the professor leading the trip -- she says official notification from the international programs office is coming. Yay!

I had an interview today for a position at Kaiser Permanente, in the post anesthesia care unit. The interview went pretty well. The nurse manager said she would feel comfortable hiring me, except for the fact that I would only be there for a year. She also said maybe I would be a good investment if I ended up staying when I'm a nurse. Anyway, she's interviewing a bunch more people on Tuesday, and I should know sometime after that. I have not heard back from Providence, which isn't a good sign.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I guess I should have added that getting the Kaiser position doesn't sound likely, but there is a little room for hope.

Jeri Lu said...

China!!! My children are seeing the world for me. Congratulations--I'm glad you are going to go.

See you very soon. Love you! oh--I know you are bringing that fridge with you--please remember to bring Grandma's dishes too. thanks

AK-mom said...

I am so excited for you. Is there a website about the trip or the destination or the program we could all look at and absorb? Or is there an information letter on line that you could attach here or forward to us (tk.bettger@gmail.com)? I really want to read more.

China is such an intriguing place now and will be in the future.

It sounds like you were chosen here because you have traveled with the professor in the past and she knows you can handle what is involved.

AK-mom said...

Also, in an interview, don't close the door to possibly staying in Portland and working at Kaiser Permanente. It is in their ballpark to make their facility and job attractive enough to keep good nurses.

In an interview at East Junior High a year before I interviewed at BK the last question of the interview was "Can you coach?" Being who I am I naturally said "no". I should have said something like send me to a clinic, or I would be open to learn. The teacher who got that job was an assistant 7th grade track coach. I could have held a clipboard and blown a whistle.

But . . . . the Lord knew there would be another job where He had a place for me the next year at B.K.

My point is, don't close any doors . . . .

Greg said...

You lucky girl.

Can I have the fridge?

Kay Lynn said...

It is SO weird to think about you going to college, Greg. It is totally normal until you talk about wanting the fridge... etc.

Andrew said...

We are going to have a Boise sans Nelson and Bettger cousins.

There is a rumor of a Brown Cousin, and some other kind of convert. I'll look into this rumor and get back to you.