Saturday, June 23, 2007

Reggie's Veggies

Reggie's Veggies, on the corner of Ustick and Milwaukee, had a picture in the Statesman today of grade school kids holding up their monthly calendars for the "Five a Day Club". Good public relations for the local vegetable guy, who is opening a new stand downtown.

Anyhow, more to the point . . . . . how many Nelbetts out there would be willing to tell their Aunt/Mom if they had their recommended 5 mininum servings of fruits and veggies yesterday?

That's all for now. I came in to make UT's lunch. He is working on watering system for the yard & plants. I think I'll cool cauliflower!

8 comments:

AK-mom said...

I mean COOK cauliflower . . . . I should read these things before I post. :(

Greg said...

One of my good friends' dad owns Reggie's veggies. I can get free fruit whenever he works there. It's awesome.

AK-mom said...

WOW! But my question is how many fruits and veggies did you eat yesterday?

Laura said...

Does banana bread count?

AK-mom said...

Hm.m.m.m.m.... banana bread? I guess that is one step better than orange pop.

Greg said...

Ya I don't know. Not enough.

Laura said...

It has two whole banans in it!

Kay Lynn said...

So I guess it only counts if you eat the whole loaf.