Saturday, June 09, 2007
Post Graduation Thoughts
Well this last week was nice. Aunt Jan and Uncle Bug Holcomb came in to see me graduate Tuesday, as well as Laura and her friend Teressa. With the addition of family at home, it was some good times. I'm glad I'm done with this chapter of my life and I am eager to see the next 12 years of my life and where I end up. I had the weirdest experience on Tuesday at the all night grad party--I was surrounded by all of my friends that I had grown up with going crazy and having fun, all of us glad to be graduated, and I thought about how I would be looking back to that exact moment in 30 years. It made me feel uncomfortable. I spent the rest of the night/morning soaking up this one last time I would be together with this same group of people, realizing how fast life moves. I thought about walking into kindergarden class and meeting Tyler Curry, my very first school buddy (who I have no idea his whereabouts today) and how vivid ALL of my memories of school were. IT SEEMED LIKE A YEAR AGO that all of this happened. While High School is lame and juvinile and I'm glad to be done, I felt really weird thinking about the rest of my life and how fast it will get over with...I dunno, I guess that sounds weird and depressing. Anyways, this has been a good week and I can't say enough how much I love this family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll be honest... I wasn't thinking about that at all when I graduated.
I was excited about college, but I didn't think about the fact that everything would change. I had the plan... that everything would stay the same with my HS relationships.
Looks like you are thinking critically.
Greg - - - I am glad you love us and that you put up with us. You are the last (note I didn't call you the "baby"). We are all praying for you in the years ahead, the life decisions that are still before you. We like what we see in you so far. Keep it up. Make the Lord your focus. Even at a "Christian school" you will have to make an effort to stay close to God. You will be in a situation where most will assume you are a believer and the efforts you are able to make to communicate about your personal relationship and daily readings and prayer will help you stay in close contact with your major source of power.
I think I can speak for all the NelBetts and say that you are moving ahead with 10 committed prayer partners.
Keep up the postings.
Post a Comment