Tuesday, June 26, 2007
22 hours
The problem with having more than one job is the whole scheduling thing. I'm not a genius when it comes to scheduling, I've discovered. After sleeping a few hours Sunday afternoon, I went back to the same unit for a 7PM-7:30AM shift, and then I had New Employee Orientation for Legacy from 8AM-5:30PM the following day. Let me tell you, 22 hours of work is too many hours, especially considering in the previous 48 hours I had only gotten 5 hours of sleep. Needless to say, I slept well last night, but I had to be back at the hospital at 7AM this morning. Now Genny and I are going to St. Vincent's Hospital -- her cousin is having a baby. Her family has kind of adopted me, and her cousin is really more like her sister. The whole family is camped out at the hospital, but it's her first baby so it could be awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You know, that sounds like Greg going to his employee orientation after the all-night party... but half of that time was party, not work. Must run in the family, though. Sorry! :-(
I am sure that we will all be camped out at the hospital when Molly (or Andy's future wife) has a baby. :-) Maybe we will bring Greg's roommate...
Wow! Sleep is pretty precious! Take care of yourself.
Or maybe you will be the one having the baby . . . . there are a lot of Nelbett experiences ahead . . . , but I am not going to Portland to wait. I can take a call, then go :)
After reading what kaylynn said about me having a baby... I had to read what Laura said again.
HA.
Yes, we all will involved in each other's child bearing woes. :-)
YOU will not be having the baby, I assume...
Hey Laura, how did the cousin's baby turn out?
Eleanor Song MacLaughlin, born yesterday at 1:01PM. Quick labor, adorable baby!
Post a Comment