Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Update



Kim had a baby girl! Her name is Madelyn Grace. Madelyn Grace Olmsted. I almost said Mandela. It's almost too close to the actual name!

I left work around 3 yesterday to go see Kim & Kurt and Baby. I was hoping to miss the traffic by leaving early (Providence St. Vincents off of Hwy 26, Laura!), and I succeeded. I got about an hour or more with the two and Baby before the room started to get full with visitors.

After, I went to dinner at Cactus Ya Ya (by our house) with some neighbor ladies. We're trying to do this every 2nd Tuesday. I enjoyed it - was a good time, and fun to talk about life with new people.

What else ... we had a fun weekend with Amy & Jode. Saw a lot of Portland, and we went to the coast. They had checked out tour books before coming, so they had a lot of things they wanted to see, some of which were new to us (the weather station in Pioneer Square, Mills End Park - check out wikipedia.org for that, Voodoo Doughnuts, Stumptown Roasters, Fort Clatsop), and some that were familiar memories that were fun to revisit - the Rose Garden, the Japanese Garden, REI, the Pearl district, Cannon Beach (they really had to twist our arm for that one). I think they really enjoyed their time - they enthusiastically summarized their activities at the end of each day which made me smile.

Amy is 2 months pregnant, and really excited about it. They're 34 and 37, and they've been waiting a while to have this happen, so it's great news. It's interesting for us to watch how many people are having babies and getting pregnant - we're loving the kids, that's for sure! Still wondering when our time will come, but having faith that it's on the horizon, just not sure where!!

Hoping someone else will document what keeps them busy!

Last item - I'm watching the Hintz kids (Abbi, Eli, and Owen) tonight. These are our 4 year old twin friends (Abbi & Eli); Own is 9 months.

Love you ...
bye!

4 comments:

Greg said...

Fun fun!

Laura said...

I'm surprised you had never been to Voodoo Donuts.

mollyb said...

Have you been to Voodoo Doughnuts? That place is freaky, man. I laughed, but was a bit reassured when I saw how clean the wax paper was. Talk about a hole in the wall!

Greg said...

Speaking of donuts, the other night I went to DK's (which is now open 24 hours) and they had JUST made chocolate bars. I had never had a fresh donut besides Krispy Kreme, and let me tell you it blew them out of the water. It was hands down the best experience I've had with a donut.