Monday, May 05, 2008

This weekend ...

I am getting so excited about this weekend! I am excited to have my mom in town, and it puts icing (with white chocolate shavings ... mmm!) on the cake to have KK & Aunt Lu Lu in town!

I just wanted to put down what I think might be some plans for this weekend ... open to change and discussion, but just for the purpose of common expectations ... I think it's probably good to start discussing ...

Friday - KK & AJL, you get in around 2:00-2:30, right (gotta love the time change coming this direction)? Mom gets in around 6:40 pm. The shower is Saturday at 10:00 am. So, I'm thinking we'll all hook up first at the shower on Sat am? Then after the shower, break into families, and then hook up again at church at 9:00 am on Sunday? Andy will be in town, but hanging out with his buddy Kyle. Andy's girlfriend, Lauren, may attend the shower on Saturday, so it will be fun to see here there - she's great! I think Mom and I may do dinner that night with Lauren & Andy.

Regarding Sunday, my initial thought was to do 9:00 am church, then breakfast/brunch? An alternative is that we could do breakfast before church and then go to the 11:00 am service ... Andy will be meeting us for church and breakfast.


After lunch we can play it by ear ... I'm interested in thoughts from you guys - what do you think? I'm really excited for you to feel the baby move!!

9 comments:

Laura said...

I vote yes to brunch! Where do you think we should go?

mollyb said...

I was thinking about looking into Hudsons here in Vancouver ... at the Heathman Lodge ...

If we do that, we should go after church.

mollyb said...

Okay, the Heathman is out ... Don't know about you, but I'm not interested in a $32 buffet. LOL that's nuts! I made reservations for 7 (LBN, KLN, JLN, MBR, PHR, KLB, & ATB) at 11:00 at Bread & Ink Cafe in the Hawthorne neighborhood. They have a good menu see here for details - http://www.breadandinkcafe.com/Breakfast.html ... and I like the ambiance. I ducked in there a couple of weeks ago during a rain storm and had a cup of coffee. Very good for us, and normal menu - not some huge amplified buffet.

AK-mom said...

I like the schedule and breakfast out sounds good. I can hardly wait. And news that I am going to see my big boy and finally meet his GF sounds exciting . . . finally! We live a long ways away.

Wish I had time to write more. I am so far behind. . . .

Kay Lynn said...

Yum, looks good! I want the blueberry pancakes. Or the brioche French toast. Or.... :-)

Not sure how Andy managed to sneak into the "girl's weekend" (and how I missed sneaking my husband in!) but I'm really looking forward to everything! Hope Lauren can make it to the shower, Andy. See you all soon!

AK-mom said...

Okay Ric and Tom . . . . you guys have to take care of Damon and make sure he doesn't miss his wife . . . . or, that he doesn't miss her too awfully much.

Andrew said...

I didn't sneak into girls weekend. You snuck a baby shower into my Mother's Day weekend.

I'm staying away on Saturday so you can all do each other's nails and talk about pumps & flats.

Andrew said...

KayLynn... what are you doing on Saturday night. I don't have to show up until Mother's day.

Is girl's weekend continuing into Saturday night?

I have plenty to do in Portland. Maybe I'll just meet at breakfast on Sunday.

Kay Lynn said...

Hey, I was mostly teasing, Andy. Don't crash the baby shower, but it would be great to see you anytime!