I found this article today in my morning news reading (to stay ahead of my very media savvy kids). This doesn't have much to do with anything they would be interested in, but it is an interesting commentary on christian culture and music/art. It's from Slate so it doesn't start out very meaty but gets pretty insightful at the end. http://www.slate.com/id/2190482/
5 comments:
Thank you for posting this Damon. This is a great article. My roommates and I talked about this for hours.
Christian music has been dead since 98.
Since you were in third grade? Things must be bad.
Is this where I say "Go Supertones!" or erm "DC Talk is like totally the bomb"?
Exactly. DC Talk Ruled the Christian music biz. And Audio Adrenaline, Newsboys, Supertones, etc. were at the height of their career before I got to see it. And no one has matched it since.
Post a Comment