Sunday, February 03, 2008

Pancake recipe

Hey guys, I thought that Molly had posted AK's pancake recipe last year, but now I can't find it. You would think they'd have a better search function on a blog owned by Google!

Can someone please post it again? Thanks...

2 comments:

AK-mom said...

Let's see if I can cut and paste the whole recipe into this little square . . . .

BETTGER PANCAKES

Adapted from GD’s favorite cornmeal pancakes that GM made for us the summer we lived with them

Put in large measuring cup and fill to 1 ¼ cup mark with milk.
soak all night:
½ cup 7 grain cereal out of the bin at Winco (or something similar)
1 ½ T. vinegar

2 eggs
2 T. oil
1 T. honey
1 ½ T. molasses
½ tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ cup corn meal
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ tsp. soda
1 T. baking powder (I keep mine in the fridge because it stays fresher)
2 T. flax (I toast it in the microwave for 40 sec. on med, stir, then toast another 40 sec. or so). I grind ½ of the flax in the coffee grinder because it is better absorbed by the body, but put the other half into the batter whole because it tastes better.
¾ cup milk (or whatever it takes to get the right consistency)

VOILA

Kay Lynn said...

Hooray; thank you!