Monday, December 03, 2007

Quick Post - today's the day

So, today I am going to tell HR, then tell my manager. I am nervous, and Andy, no it's not fear that I won't be able to come back. It's a lot of things. It's finally admitting that I'm pregnant - and being identified as pregnant ... and I fear some "lame duck" identifications that may come with it. I have a huge project I am just kicking off, and I think there will be some who will not believe I can get it done ... and may discount my involvement.

It's also facing the possible question of what will you do after the baby is born, and I'm not sure of my answer, and I'm pretty typically sure of my plans in most situations. So my sure answer will be that I haven't determined that yet. Period.

Please pray for me, it's not like I'm facing a shooting squad, but it's a big transition in the way that I have been seen, and I think I am just aware of that .... I do know that the majority of folks here know that I would probably be having a baby someday, so that does help things ...

Thanks for praying a prayer with me even though you don't know 100% what you're praying for. Here's this - this is what I prayed for with Pat this morning - Pray that I would be conscious of Jesus sitting next to me in these conversations and to have grace and understanding of the precious blessing that we have - both in being able to bring a baby into the world, and in having peace that passes understanding.

Love you ...

m

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I will be praying for you, but I'm know you and I'm certain you can change any "pregnant woman" prejudices they have.

Kay Lynn said...

Molly, I was just praying for you this morning. Let us know how it goes! I love you!

mollyb said...

Well here's the first piece of good news. I talked with HR here this morning and found out that in Washington, I can take 6 more weeks of FMLA-style leave - it's provided by the state government. That means I will be able to take up to 18 weeks off and still come back if I want to. Only 6 weeks with pay (8 if a C-section is needed). That was a neat thing to find out.

Tried to talk with my manager this morning but she didn't have much time, so I'll talk with her this afternoon.