Thursday, December 06, 2007

Lonely Finals Week

This week was finals week at SPU. I had a 10 page paper due for my history class--he only gave us a couple days to do it, and I had to argue that the Middle Ages were NOT corrupt (and we've spent the past 6 weeks learning how they WERE). It was the hardest paper I've written here to date. But that took the place of an in class final. I also had an essay-final due in my USEM class which I had to wake up at 7 this morning to turn in. Yuck. Here's the worst part of finals--all my friends are already done, and I have my English test tomorrow at 130. The typical freshman was scheduled to get done Thursday morning, and Juniors and Seniors and half of the Sophomores finish up Friday, but I don't know what went wrong for me. My entire floor jetted this afternoon, there are maybe 3 people left here, but I've yet to see signs of life for several hours. I'm trying to get Jace, who lives 40 minutes away, to stay and keep me company for an extra day, but I'm not so sure he will. We'll see. But I now watch TV for my study breaks instead of hanging out with my buddies, due to the fact that everyone is gone, which is weird for me--our TV has been on maybe 5 times this quarter. Anyways, I'll be happy when I get on that plane tomorrow night.

1 comment:

mollyb said...

Greg, I have so been there! I totally remember sitting glumly in my dorm room for an day waiting for my trip to the airport ... or for my ride to go to Illinois to be with my aunt & uncle. It's a good opportunity to read or contemplate meaning of life ... or to go for a run/walk and enjoy the NON rainy weather (have you seen that yet?).

In summary, just letting you know you brought back a vivid memory - being part of a normally crazy and loud dorm floor sitting in complete and utter silence.