Hello ... time for an update. We had Thanksgiving dinner this past Sunday with our intimate group of friends, the Olmsteds (baby Madelyn), Hintzes (twins & baby Owen), and Hagertys (Rachel). We enjoyed our time together, and while Pat and Nicole weren't 100% sure the turkey was fully cooked, we have had no indications of food poisoning or salmonella. Always a good thing. We looked at old pictures of the group on our TV, and just in general had a good time of thankfulness and togetherness.
Pat and I were at Whidbey Island Friday - Sunday (came back just in time for the dinner; had already cleaned the house). We had a really good time, got some hunting in, and spent a lot of good time being together. We love it on Whidbey - very pretty; artistic, rural, and just all around nice. Lazslow likes it there too. ;)
I made cookies last night for a Bake Sale today to benefit the United Way. Mom's recipe, with milk chocolate and butterscotch chips. Mmm-mm-mmm! Tomorrow I have Book Club.
I'm counting down the days til Tuesday - that's the day we get to hear the babe's heart beat for the first time. The chances of miscarrying are significantly less after you hear the baby's heart beat, so I am excited to pass this milestone. Sleeping has been hard. The first 1/2 of the night is good, until I have to get up to pee, then when I get back in bed, my back decides to ache, and my stomach ligaments hurt. This usually occurs at 12 or 1 am, so I have 4-5 more hours left to try to ignore the pain and sleep. I hope that I will have a period of respite between the 1st and 3rd trimesters, when I can actually sleep the whole way through. I think it's possible.
But when I wake up, I do feel fresh, and seem to pretty much forget the fact that I didn't have a 100% comfortable night. Went to the gym this morning; pilates yesterday, and pilates tomorrow; plan to do cardio and weights again on Friday.
Man, after Tuesday, the reality will set in, and we will have to hit the ground full speed ahead to get some of the pesky things done that we've been meaning to do for so long ... like moving from a double bed to a queen bed, getting projects done, clearing out rooms, etc. We'll be kicking it into high gear for certain.
5 comments:
Great updated. My cheeks got hot when I considered the fact that you will be able to hear the heartbeat. I'm so excited!!!
Yeah, no kidding!! I am going to record it on my Palm Treo, so I can hopefully play it for you on Thursday ...
Whidby Island was our favorite spot to roam when we lived in Olympia. It had a store called the Butler's Bell which sold large antique furniture and was run by a Physician who loved antiques. We got to be friendly with him and went to his home one evening for a bible study! I'd like to be on Whidby Island today since it's our anniversary 32 years!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Uncle and Aunt!! Congratulations!
Wow! I never remember that. Happy Anniversary from me too. Just a couple of days late.
Post a Comment