Love it. Going well. Yesterday I had my History midterm, pulled a 15 hour study session with Jace. I think he did much better than me, unfortunately. Next week are my other midterms. In a few minutes I have to go write an essay. Yuck. I actually really like my lit. class, it's just a LOT of reading, and I'm a horribly slow reader. I love my floor though, there are a ton of awesome and crazy guys. We are hated by 4th and 6th, only cuz they hate fun and prefer us to not have any. Plus the PA on 4th is a tool.
Andy and I went to breakfast today, that was cool.
I eat breakfast EVERY DAY up here. Except weekends. But every other day. Proud of me, ma?
Roommate's great, love that guy. Probably my best friend up here, which is sort of weird--all my buddies are more of casual friends with their roommates, but Jace and I get along really well.
I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend. I haven't done that all week.
9 comments:
I just finished my essay. I'm not particularly proud of it, but I'm not particularly fond of the book, either.
What's the book?
Nervous Conditions, by Tsitsi Dangarembga. It was definitely interesting and it was really good classroom discussions, but I didn't like reading it if that makes any sense.
About Africa?
ya
That is what education is about . . . exposure to things beyond the reading material you are really interested in. You are expanding your horizons.
An anonymous tip to a young man re: social graces. When someone bakes cookies and gathers other goodies for a care package, it is a very good idea to say at least thanks. Even if you don't like the cookies or have no use for huge white plastic tumblers. I have heard of people somewhere who don't get boxes in the mail. Be careful you aren't one of them. . . . . . .
Spoken like a mother. . . . .
Very insightful.
Spoken like a mother. . . . .
Very insightful.
Post a Comment