Monday, December 11, 2006

Chicken or lamb?

Things going on in my life...the interesting(ish) and the mundane...

Today was my last day of class! I've turned in all of my papers, and I just have three exams left. It's been a good semester, I am so ready to be done. The graduating class this December actually started the program AFTER me, which is totally depressing. In fact, the people that just started this last summer will graduate before me, too.

I finished War and Peace this week. It took me awhile (I started in July), and it was interrupted for an extended period of time when I lost my first copy and couldn't find the same translation. Anyway, it was pretty good, I guess, but the ending was lame. My favorite part about reading books from my list is crossing them off the list when I'm finished. Mrs. Ruxton gave me the list six years ago, and it's now in four different pieces but I've managed to keep track of it, which is impressive because I lose EVERYTHING (War and Peace #1, spare car keys, social security card, school ID, 2 debit cards, 1 driver's license, etc. Did you guys know you can get 9 replacement social security cards in your lifetime, not counting name changes?). I went to cross off War and Peace today and part of it is missing! Even worse, it's the T-W section, so I can't cross off my most monumental literary accomplishment to date! I'm not sure what to do with myself.

Genny and I made Christmas cookies last week. I was really fed up with school, so I just started baking. (Thanks to Greg for reading me the recipe over the phone.) I've never been a skilled cookie decorator, but I got into it this year. I did little Santa suits for the teddy bears and everything. Genny took them to the psych unit for her nurses.

I cleaned my bathroom today. When I was cleaning the shower, I looked up and discovered I have somehow been flinging my conditioner (I know because it's pink) onto the ceiling. I'm not sure how this happens, but it isn't very easy to get off the ceiling.

I stayed with Lazslow this weekend while Molly and Pat are in Frankfurt. It was fun until early this morning when I was about to take him to doggie daycare before my class. I realized that I didn't know where I was taking him! I guess I should have thought of that before 6:30 this morning. I Googled doggie daycares in Vancouver and took him to the one closest to Molly and Pat's house to see if he had an appointment there. Fortunately, it was the right one, but the lady got mad when I didn't know what flavor of dog food Lazslow eats. She was like, "CHICKEN OR LAMB?!" She is really not a morning person. Whatever, I'm pretty sure that dog would eat anything.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

HA. Chicken or lamb. That is funny. I know exactly the type of person you are talking about. Those women at petco that take their dogs way too seriously.

How was your shower this morning? Did you fling conditioner?