Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Full Fall Saturday

Greetings Family,
I guess it's not quite fall yet but it was a great day to get caught up on a few things.

DAN, MY BROTHER IS DOING WELL
The best news came last night from my brother Dan who had been in the hospital for prostate surgery. Everything went well -- but of course the recovery is no easy task. Yet, today, he was on his way home.

CLEARING OUT AT 313E
Hard as it is, there comes a time when we have to move some of the furniture that is left at 313E. Today, Glenn Compton and another man from the Rescue Mission came to collect pretty much a truckful of leftover furniture and things that will be useful for the many families that come to the mission for help. Even after they left, we still have some things there that need to be moved out -- but we are making progress. Damon and Kay Lynn have some nice things for their entry after today too. I can't really think of a better place to put that all to good use than through the Rescue Mission. I think Grandmother and Granddad would agree.

TILLER TOIL
The old tiller that Mark Lehrman gave us was taking up space in my shop. Mark gave it to me because he thought I could fix it. After I had it apart, I saw I could have fixed it but the overall condition of the machine was such that I decided to save the engine and dump the rest. Actually, I found another tiller without an engine for $15. I may buy that so I won't have to rent one in the spring.

SHOP TV
I installed Granddad's color TV in my shop. I have an antenna connection in there so it works pretty well on UHF.

BOHL-ING AT THE BAKERY
Mom had ordered some bread at the bakery. I went to get it on my bike. Lindsay Bohl was there and while I was there, Courtney Bohl came in from washing up after painting the back wall a nice yellow color. No parents were at the bakery. They live together now while Lindsay is a student at Northwestern Univ in Chicago. I don't know exactly what Courtney is doing. Of course, both were interested in what Molly and Andy were doing so I told them where you lived.

SHOP WORK HITS IN THE FALL
Quilt Crossing is after me for more quilt racks -- so that will be on the agenda so that I have a nickel to spend for some beans for Christmas!!

YARD WORK TODAY
Weeds got ahead of us here but we put a dent into them today.
Garden is good for tomatoes and squash.

NEW TASK TOMORROW
Tomorrow, we have been asked to be available as hosts (for lunch) for new college students who come to FBC. We'll see who shows up!

TomTom

PS: Has anybody seen any pictures of this place where Laura calls home now? Oh well, maybe she'll put up a couple of pix so that we can see her new digs!

No comments: