Uncle Ric and Dad,
Do you remember the walk that we took this Easter? I'm pretty sure it was before dinner at the Grandparents. This was the year that I went forward at church on Easter Sunday to tell Pastor Leroy that I wanted to be Baptized. I was so scared and out of breath, I could barely get the words out. But I was able to, and he did his standard move of stopping the organist before the last song and told the congregation that I wanted to get baptized as a demonstration of my commitment to the Lord.
I then went to Pastor Paul's office with Ken Grover and he gave me the Deacon run down. It is one of my favorite Ken Grover memories, that and when Kathy was out of town on Saturday mornings after sleepovers that I would spend the night, we could use butter instead of margarine on our waffles.
Anyway, Uncle Ric and Dad took me on a walk, and we talked about the commitment I had just made. It was a really good memory. I kinda think someone else came with us on the walk. But I can't put it together right now.
Can you guys remember? Can you remember what we talked about. I just remember feeling like an adult, and on the "man's walk."
(Not sure on the year. But I think I was 10 or 11.)
1 comment:
Yep, How could I ever forget that walk on the special Sunday. Your dad and I were so excited about you wanting to committ your life to Christ. We talked with you about the meaning of all of this and how now your future is in the hand of God and he would never let you down. Wow, has that ever held true as we have all watched God use your life to bless so many around you. And God has so much more for you in the future....it's going to be so fun to watch.
Post a Comment