Thursday, August 30, 2007

Living Green

Yesterday I biked to work for the seventh time! I biked Tues & Wed of this week (and stopped at the grocery store on my way home yeterday); and when I got into my car this morning, I was struck by it's unfamiliarity! Yay! That's great - it means that I'm making an impact in emmissions reduction.

I am really enjoying my time on the bike too ... and seeing other bikers with bags on their backs or on their bikes like me. We nod at each other or wave... I feel like I should be raising my arm in victory - YAY! We are beating the system and being healthy all at the same time - YOU SO ROCK!!!

Have a great day ...

3 comments:

AK-mom said...

Hey, girl, I am proud of you for getting out and moving like that. That is a good thing to do. 4 miles to work at $2.75 a gallon and what . . . 25 miles per gallon. Every time you bike to work and back you save almost a dollar. You have to count other wear on the car also. Plus the exercise you are getting.

Greg said...

I'd like to say that I'm going green and what not, but yeah...I'm not. Still drive.

Damon said...

I can totally bike to work 4 days a week, I just need to remember to change my bike tire one of these days so I can :-)