It was so great having the family in town last weekend! It's kind of a bummer this weekend to know they're all so far away!! We are planning to go to the Parade of Homes in Clark County on Saturday - I know how much Mom & Dad love those! Pat and I are going to make it a "date day" and have breakfast at Rose's before we hit the homes. We'll take some fruit & crackers for additional sustenance if needed.
This has been an insanely busy time for both Pat and me at work. We seriously covet your prayers. We're doing great relationship-wise, but our attitudes toward work is lagging. I think we're both really feeling pushed to push harder and harder and get more and more done in less and less time. Always hard to do that. It's been a long time since I've brought work home at nights or on the weekends. I'm still striving to keep the separation, but that means I stay at work a bit longer at night.
I've been riding my bike to work, which actually saves time and gets me to work earlier, because I can get my workout in more quickly when I'm riding my bike, and since I can't blow dry my hair, it's overall a quicker get-ready time. And I'm enjoying it and feeling green. I have a new Trek 1000 bike, with "panniers" or saddlebags, to hold my stuff (computer included, when I take it home).
Monday I spent the day with my friend Kim who is 8.75 months pregnant (official due date is 9/2). She was having contractions all day, we had pedicures & manicures, and walked along NW 23rd. She says she will WALK THIS BABY out of her!! She's pretty eager. Tonight at Book Club, we'll give her our gifts - it's our little casual book club shower thing. Pat will likely be with the guys who will do something manly together ... I know Bruce's new brother-in-law is in town, so they'll likely be doing something Portland-ish to entertain him. Bruce's sister will be at Book Club with us.
Please pray for enthusiasm and energy. Pray that our walks with God will continue to grow and develop, and that we will have continued excitement and passion for each other. We can see that the tiredness, if continued, could negatively impact a relationship. Also pray for open doors for me, and resume wisdom, and for God's leading in whatever next steps I might pursue.
I love you all, and I love this blog.
3 comments:
Great post Molly!!!
Hey Molly, we'll definitely be praying for wisdom for you guys. Love you!!
Enthusiasm and energy and our walk with God. Pretty important for any and all of us NelBetts. I like the way you worded that.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment