Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Job at Google

I applied for a job at Google this morning.  For some reason i woke up at 5am.  So I got up and continued to sort all the laundry i brought back from Boise.  Then I got online and did a bit of job searching.  Found a good one on google.com and applied. 
 
Keep it in your prayers.  I know a girl that works at Google in the HR department.  I called her and she is going to see if she can put in a good word for me.
 
Here is the link.

12 comments:

AK-mom said...

Wow, Andy! The Lord knows. You could do that job well. I read the link you sent.

We will keep it in prayer. You have good skills to offer an employer.

I am administering the PSAT in my classroom this morning to 21 juniors. . . using the timer on the new $12.75 watch I bought Saturday at Fred Meyer. They wanted $9.50 to replace the battery in the old one, so I went ahead and bought a new one - the 3rd I have had like this.

Love, Mom/AK

Andrew said...

Here's a little update on the job... (which i really want)

This is my friend that works there. It's the Durp's cousin.

hi andy-

Go ahead and apply online for the job and i will find out who the recruiter is for the position and send them an email and let them know that you applied. The recruitier for this position is in california so I dont have a lot of say after that...but i will definatley give them the heads up to look for you resume. sound good? Let me know if you have any questions.

jess

Kay Lynn said...

That would be awesome! You'd do really well. I didn't know they had a Seattle office. But are you tired of music videos?

Kay Lynn said...

That would be awesome! You'd do really well. I didn't know they had a Seattle office. But are you tired of music videos?

Kay Lynn said...

Sweet! Keep updating us and we'll pray! You'd do awesome, and it's great that they have a Seattle office (wish it were Boise). Are you tired of Screenplay?

Thanks for all you did at the wedding. You were terrific.

Kay Lynn said...

I tried three times to comment on this yesterday but the computer kept sending an error. So here are the three comments.

Andrew said...

Ha... thanks for trying so hard KK.

I have applied for so many jobs... i can't imagine getting a call back. But i really want to interview for this one.

Google is such a cool company!!

They have a FREE cafeteria. That means you don't have to pay for it!

Kay Lynn said...

Does the cafeteria have an ice cream machine?

Andrew said...

My friend told me that the recruiter does have my application and is going to call me to phone screen me.

That is nerve racking.

Keep that in your prayers.

AK-mom said...

WOW!! I do pray for you all the time.

Kay Lynn said...

Did they call you yet? How did it go?

Andrew said...

No call yet. I am not counting on it.

I applied for another job at RealNetworks. We'll see how that one goes.

No big deal. I don't want to get my hopes up.