Thursday, June 01, 2006

This weekend ...

We're watching baby Rachel this weekend (she's only 4 months) - from Saturday late morning through Sunday afternoon. Wow. I'm really looking forward to the time with her; and the learning involved. :)

I feel pretty special too that Bruce & Nicole would leave her with us/me. Pat's already said he will be less involved than when Cole stayed with us, because he's less aware of infants (and I think all men feel like they may "break" the infant - I hear that a lot). She apparently wakes up at 5 am still ... then I think goes back to sleep.

Ian & Alli are having a birthday party on Saturday for the twins - they're turning 3. I'm sure we'll have fun stories after that.

We were at the coast this weekend - Cannon Beach - just for the day on Sunday after church - it was so nice. Rainy? Yes of course, but we had a great time just walking and talking and seeing Lazslow prancing around on the beach. Everytime we drive by the conference center, I look for my aunt & uncle ... I still remember the time I walked over there and saw you all! How fun was that.

Laura, congrats on your completion of your year! I'm so glad you got some time away with your friends - planless, mindless & relaxed travel is the very best type of travel, in my personal opinion. KK, I hope you and Damon get some time like that on your trip to SC for your h-moon. It turns out to be time where your brain finds itself so decompressed that it can do nothing but love where you are and who you are with.

Hope you're all well! W E L O V E Y O U ! !

No comments: