Monday, June 12, 2006

Headed to RTP

Hey team!!

I'm headed to North Carolina today. Working from home this morning - my flight's at 11:22. I will be there Tuesday and Wednesday, and come home Wednesday night. I was going to come home Thursday, but I have my Book Club at our house on Thursday night ... ummm, kinda need to be here for that.

Then this weekend we are going to go to the coast with friends and stay at a condo that Ian got for free through his work. It's half way between Depoe Bay and Lincoln City. We have to find a place for Lazslow for the weekend though, because they don't allow dogs. We're thinking about Joe & Mary ... we'll see.

Not a lot more to share - I'll see if I have time to write more as the day progresses. Love you all!!

3 comments:

AK-mom said...

Molly ---

Have a good few days in NC, but especially this weekend at the beach. That sounds like a fun time.

Our French friends from the Raid adventure race just left. Now I am headed up to 313 E. to work some more. We have this week and next week to get all our favorite things out of there. We are still piling the photos in the middle of the GP bedroom floor and will deal with them later.

That's all for now. We love you.

AK-Mom

Kay Lynn said...

Hey, what book are you reading for the book club? Also, where are you in North Carolina? I was thinking that Ashville was in South Carolina, but it's actually in NC.

mollyb said...

KK, We read a book called Year of Wonders - it's about the plague in England. It was amazing writing. Hard topic ... the main characters two young sons die (an infant and an 5 year old) and it was hard for the mothers in our group; especially since one of them had a late-term miscarriage. I felt kind of bad as we were reading and commenting back and forth on e-mail, but I think the style of writing and the rest of the story carried it through and people ended up enjoying it. I would recommend it ... though there's a real interesting twist at the end that none of us were anticipating.

When I go to NC, my office is in Research Triangle Park in Durham, which is a whole area dedicated to research & development - IBM is there, etc.

NC is a great place to buy furniture at VERY low cost; I'm not sure if you'll be near any of those stores/places, but try checking online for good deals on furniture in NC.

Love you!