You guys are fast! And I thought I'd have another few nights to type out the next few entries... :-)
Here's more from the unfolding love story...
FEBRUARY 23, 2006 (Saturday)
At 8:00 went to Lois and we went out for a ride...rode around etc. till 1:00 when we parted. She had made an agreement to see the old B.F. in June when he will come from Calif. - then she wants to tell him it's all off and she and I will start to plan. But I don't want to wait cause I'm too much in LOOVE now. She would sure be swell- Boy! - A Good Christian Girl--
FEB. 24 (Sunday)
After church I came home and read the book on Russia by Carweth Wells-- sure exposes terrible things. Don & Lyman came by this p.m. and we went camera shooting--tonite got Lois...home at 11:00 --she was not so cold and not so (good?) tonite. I just know she's still wondering whether she really loves me or not.
FEB. 25 (Monday)
Bed early--no call Lois even cause I thought she'd rather not be bothered--
FEB. 26
Called Lois early and she no ask me to come out. Bank business sure going down now.
FEB. 27
The little grey home was won today by Dr. C.P. Charrier--some luck. Called Lois to tell her and got a date for tonite. Called for her at eight--came here and printed pictures till 11:00 --Home at 12:00--she said she wrote a letter today to her old B.F. and said for the best of all concerned that they had better not plan to meet as agreed--in June--Boy! She told me when she heard from him and all was settled she would be mine as long as I wanted her -- things are looking better and I hope he doesn't protest and things work out okay.
MARCH 1 (Friday)
Went to see Lois at 8:30 and she was ironing--I acted like a nut-- About 9:30 we drove up on the hill and talked for 2 hours. We're both so backward or bashful or something. She seems to have an inferiority complex and won't express herself much. Even so--Don't know why--But I do love her and she says she loves me. Maybe when she gets an answer to her letter to Cal. B.F. she will be different. If not I will try to change her a little. If I fail I may quit if it seems best. I hope not.
4 comments:
"I acted like a nut"?
I can just picture them acting bashful around each other.
I can't!! :-)
I can't picture Granddad acting bashful in ANY context!
Post a Comment