Monday, June 09, 2008

Quickie update

No baby yet ... in spite of some actions we've tried to get him to come out. We walked at the Rose Garden yesterday - for those of you who've been there you can remember the steps up & down ... Pat tried to get me to bounce on my way up & down ... another lady said I should do jumping jacks! Funny. I just walked normally. It was a beautiful day - sunny and cool - just what a cooped-up pregnant lady needs! Also a fitting follow up to a rainy day for the Rose Parade (every year, I tell you!).

After church yesterday, we ate a nice and very authentic French mini-meal at a new place (new to us) called St. Honore. Patisserie & Boulangerie! Mom, Dad & Andy, we can't wait to go there with each (or all) of you! Hopefully we'll be taking a brand new baby with us too! It is seriously amazing. Laura, if you're down in the 23rd neighborhood, it's on the corner of 24th and Thurman. Try it before you go - you'll be amazed. The decaf coffee is better than any I've had in the last 9 months - better even than Peets.

We are finally feeling settled into the nursery! It's looking really great. We still want to get the stars on the walls, but that was on hold for us to get the garden in, and lawn mowed, etc. And actually, I think since we've moved all the "stuff" out of the 3rd bedroom, and made it our new guest bedroom, I think we're feeling more settled into our house overall than we have yet in the past 4/4.5 years.

I just have to say that in 20 days, Pat and I will have been married 6 years! What an incredible passage of time! It has definitely gone fast, and it has been an amazing time. I am so thankful for him, in so many different ways. I guess I'll say more about that when it gets closer.

Today I am working part time from home. 7:30-noon. Then I have one errand to run, and a lunch to go to at work for a co-worker who's leaving UL. After that I'll come home for a nap, then up to enjoy the evening with Pat. I'm sitting in comfy pants and a sweater, with no makeup, the window open with nice cool morning airflow, my dog laying beside me (and pawing me for attention every 5 minutes). I must admit it's much better than sitting stuck in my office in uncomfy pants and piped in air. I'm happy to be here, and I'm happy to be able to do a bit more work to leave things a bit more "done" than they were on Friday.


After this, I'm not sure when he'll come ... I hope it's before Laura leaves, and hopefully before or while Andy's here this weekend. Please pray for continued strength, and patience, and that he is continuing to have a healthy environment in there! Pray too for my blood pressure - the top number is creeping up ... was 142/70 last time. Laura, is there anything I can do to get it down ... or anything I can do to stop it from going up?

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm so excited for you. You seem to have a firm grasp on the situation.

Laura, how much notice do you think she'll have? How much time do I have to get down there?

Laura said...

For your blood pressure, I can't think of anything other than what you already know. Avoid salt and caffeine...make sure you're getting plenty of water...rest...lie on your left side...check blood pressure regularly. Because baby is fully developed now, a lot of the risk of pregnancy-induced hypertension is minimized.

Andy, I don't think there's any way to know how much notice she'll have. That said, you should have plenty of time to get down here once contractions start, especially for a first baby. Vague answer, I know.

mollyb said...

I agree you should have plenty of time. Just keep your car ready like Mom is. And post a blog update about your birthday!!