I'm at an international teachers training just outside of Princeton, NJ. The content is great, sometimes dense but well presented. Thw weather is in the 80s with occasional thunderstorms...so super muggy. The other teachers from Riverstone are a pretty good group and I'll think we'll go into town (Princeton) tonight. What I'm really looking forward to is the end of the conference tomorrow...because the conference is over of course....but more importantly because I get to go meet KL at LaGuardia!
The other Riverstone teachers and I think the International Bacheloriate Primary years program (subject of the training) looks like a great program that would work well at our school...we do see some potential opposition to its cooperative model from some staff though...so it will be a challenge to go back and see how this "new plan" works out in the "real world" with people who have been doing things well and the same way for a long time.
4 comments:
So good to hear from you! I seriously had been wondering what has happened to the Nelson and Brown sides of this blog!
So you're meeting KL at LaGuardia? What are you going to do after that? How long are you staying? Where? What are you planning to do? See? Watch? Walk? Laugh at?
we are meeting at LaGuardia (late wednesday night) and then its over to our Hostel in Manhattan. We're staying through Sunday morning to shop, travel and eat (mostly on the cheap) or as cheap as one can in NY. We're shooting for antique stores, architectural salvage, fun clothing stores, housewears and whatever else we bump into...the key words are going to be fun and cheap! We fly out together on Sunday morning. Any suggestions?
Don't neglect the art museums. M & P can advise you on that, having been there recently.
I really liked the Cooper Hewitt Museum of Design. I think you would like it too - it's a quick walkthrough, and it's all about cool design items over the past few years. Not just architecture or interior design, it goes into the transparent kayak, the thoughts around google earth, "green concepts," and many more things. Try it out. It's nice.
Manhattan is a lot of fun. Enjoy.
Post a Comment