If I had $3 for each girl who came stumbling into my class today saying her feet hurt, or came in barefoot carrying her shoes, we could all go to dinner at the CafĂ© de Paris the next time all are in town at the same time. This is the first mass day we have had since weather turned warm and these girls have the most beautiful shoes. They look elegant, but the subject of their conversation is often how hard it is to walk in their shoes. One girl asked to be excused for her tardy because she couldn’t walk fast enough to get out here in time. I marked her tardy. Long bare legs, strappy sandles, short skirts . . . . as we walked across the yard to mass right after discussing pantyhose in our clothing vocabulary unit, I was able to gloat with my warm legs.
I told themI will be dead in 50 years when they will be trying to walk around on these same feet.
4 comments:
Remember Grandmother's shoes? She always had such unreasonable shoes. I can't imgine spending my life wearing those.
Except they sure didn't seem to bother her...
Yet, she always told me, Don't wear pointy shoes! If you remember, hers were typically open toed, and wide around the ball of the foot. She learned her lessons on the pain of looking good, and made sure we would learn it too - only without the pain & surgery!
Kay Lynn has finished the proccess of converting me to Birkenstocks for daily wear. lots better for work than the dress shoes I've been wearing they were kinda pointy but very comfy for dress shoes...not that guys dress shoes in any way compare to womens'. Lest you wonder why I am even participating in this conversation...the reason is that frankly I have a few free minutes between now and the next class I have to teach and felt like being somewhat random :-)
Post a Comment