Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Something wrong here....

Alright, kk was right. This blog needs revelutionizing. Everyone is definetely slacking, including me, but I have a semi-legit excuse, being that my computer hasn't allowed this. But lets do this blog like we suppose'ta....
First off I'd like to say that peanut butter chicken sounds rather disgusting to me. Don't take offense to that-- just my opinion. Peanut butter belongs on sandwiches, in reese's, and so forth. Chicken demands rich spicing. I'm not sure peanut butter accomplishes this.....
Speaking of food....
After spending much thought and time conversing flaws with my fellows, I have crafted the ultimate burger:
The Bun needs to be some kind of soft breathable yet light bread. This means no heavy wheats or grains, but not just white, because then it would absorb too much. I'm thinking something in between....does that exist?? Next, the mayonaise/mayonaise based sauce to coat the bun, followed by medium-cooked angus beef, three 1/6lb patties. Next, tomatos, but nothing less than crisp. Then comes the ketchup covered with lettuce as to avoid the mixing of mayonaise and ketchup ( bread does absorb ketchup easier than mayonaise). This is followed by shrimp and bacon. Yes, both. Loads of pepper and fire sauce, and this burger is ready. MMMmmm....
Still imperfect, but I like the 3 patties idea.
Greg

11 comments:

Kay Lynn said...

Avocados?

Laura said...

Mmm...yes. Avacados, definitely. I'm a big fan of those onion straws at Red Robin, too.

Andrew said...

No avocado's for me. I need roasted annaheim peppers on mine. Plus Blue cheese, and Roasted garlic.

Then we can talk.

Hold the tomatoes please.

Laura said...

Yes, bleu cheese. Totally.

mollyb said...

What are anaheim peppers? I did the bleu cheese as well. Always. Anyone had a fried egg on theirs?

AK-mom said...

It has to be charcoal broiled. Not on a gas grill, it doesn't taste the same. And for me, lots of heavy whole grains.

Kay Lynn said...

Molly, are you kidding? A fried egg? What happens when you break the egg and the yolk squirts everywhere?

Andrew said...

Red Robin has a burger called the Royal. It has a fried egg on it.

I used to get it every time i went to Red Robin. But then I realized how bad it is for me. And haven't had it since.

Now I get the whiskey river BBQ burger.

mollyb said...

Yeah, I've never had a fried egg on my burger for the very same reason! And I heard in some places they have fried eggs on pizza. Or maybe that's our friend from Wisconsin. yikes. There's one place runny yoke is good - and that's in the morning, on a plate with hashbrowns (or without, in the case of my breakfast preparations), and a good cup of coffee.

Greg said...

Ya, the egg gets messy. I have to say that the blue cheese is a good idea, and Andy--I don't like tomatoes, but when they are crisp you don't taste it much with all the other goodies on there, and you get all that vitamin c.
Hold the avacados. No good.

Andrew said...

http://www.dole5aday.com/ReferenceCenter/Encyclopedia/BellPeppers/Images/pepperheatunitschart.gif

Anaheim peppers are moderately hot, although their heat depends on where they’re grown and how mature they are. Varieties of the pepper grown in New Mexico tend to be hotter than those grown in California, and the mature red ones tend to be hotter than the green. The Anaheim chile varies from light green to dark green to red and grows to between 6 and 10 inches (15–25cm) long and 1 to 2 inches (2.5–5cm) around.