Thanks for the chicken recipe, Molly! Damon and I might try making it for college Bible study sometime because I already have peanut oil.
So my first day was certainly a crash course! I got there early and was completely nervous, but Rosmary (my boss) was so excited to see me that I got over it fast! I spent the morning reading through a gigantic stack of documents about the "Connecting Idaho" program. That's the north-south freeway initiative that Gov. Kempthorne signed in 2005. It's actually starting, and the legislature actually authorized the first $200 million in bonds this year to start the first projects!
ANYWAY, the idea was to have me learn everything quickly enough that I could edit a big document about Connecting Idaho this afternoon. The document is due tomorrow, and I'm supposed to be the professional editor on staff! I was so thankful that it came back easily even after a year of completely different work. It feels weird not to be an intern in that kind of a setting...I get my own room and own desk!
Another crazy thing about this job is that the receptionist (there are just three of us - Rosemary, the receptionist Katie, and me) is a girl I went to grade school and high school with. Rosemary just landed this big contract with Connecting Idaho, so I think she will be hiring more staff. They've been a three-woman team up until now.
Mrs. Godfrey e-mailed today and said she noticed Grandmother's obituary and wants our family to know that we're in her prayers! Isn't that sweet? Funny to think that she had four of us in her class over the years.
Love you all -
Kay Lynn
3 comments:
I never actually had Mrs. Godfrey. I has Mrs. Meeks, and together we would torment Godfrey. So I was memorable to her I am sure. HA. So funny to think of those 2 women. Mrs. Meeks was soooo important to me. She taught me to love reading. I felt like her favorite student.
Your own room and desk... does this mean your own office? Cause now I'm jealous. Where is your office located? Downtown?
The office is at Five Mile and Fairview; not the greatest location in the world, but at least I won't waste time at lunch! I am working 8:30 to 5 with a 1/2 hour lunch, but might switch to 8-4:30. Sweet.... Andy, I don't know if I can call it an "office" yet, because my desk hasn't arrived. I'm just working on one of those long hard plastic tables like they have at Wednesday night church, with a computer on top. So it doesn't feel too glamorous, but maybe the desk will change things. I like it just fine!
The funny part is that my "office" has two doors that are installed exactly at a 90 degree angle. So if one door is open, the other door is automatically closed. Hmmmm.
KK ----- Thank you so much for the news. I was watching this blog very carefully for some info about your new digs.
Know that you are surrounded by all our prayers. You will have great success.
AK
Post a Comment