Monday, April 03, 2006

Day off!

A few weeks ago I decided I would probably need a day off, and scheduled myself to take today off. It was a great idea! Last week was pretty intense.

So I woke up at 5:20 and went to the gym - figured it would help ensure I'd stick with my four month record of going to the gym consistently - and it would help me get up and started on my day. I came back from the gym and crawled back in bed for about 50 minutes. Then I showered, made breakfast, and took the dog for a long walk and some off-leash time.

Then I jumped in the car and headed to Lloyd Center for a few quick errands. Came back home and met Nicole and baby Rachel for lunch at Roots near our home. Then we came back here for her to feed Rachel. After spending a few more minutes with the dog, I called my friend Alli and made good on my offer from yesterday to watch her twins for a few hours so she could have some non-kids time.

Before going to Alli's, I went to Borders for some decorating / color selection books - trying to pick colors to paint the upstairs rooms (our bedroom included). Decorating / furniture selection will come later. Then when I got to Alli's I read until the kids woke up from their naps, after which we read together then played "shopping at Clackamas Town Center," on Abbi's request (Eli was quite eager to come too - as he said, "It will be real fun!").

Then I took Lazslow for another walk and he did great on-leash AND off-leash. Turning into a real great dog. Except for his flatulence - he just let one loose and it is raunchy.

We miss you guys lots! We're thinking we'll come home around Easter. Be ready. We're bringing Laz.

Love you all,

M

1 comment:

Andrew said...

If you are coming home... that means I should too. Hmmm... I'll look into it. I think i have a birthday party on that saturday. May be a problem.