Friday, December 30, 2011

KOREA

I'm not sure if anyone reads this blog anymore, but I hope you all still do. Since I've been away to Korea, this blog makes more sense to me than ever before. I miss you, family. I hope everything is going well back in the States. I am currently sitting in the Native Teacher Staff Room waiting for my last class. Saturdays are my easy days--I only have 4 classes and I get off at 4. Pretty nice. A British guy I work with is microwaving frozes pizza from a pizza party we had last week, so the whole room smells like pizza. I am doing essay prep in my classes today, so all my students hate me. I tried to make a fun graphic organizer and bribe them with stamps (we give the students DYB stamps for doing well, and they trade the stamps in for prizes at the Stamp Market at the end of each session), but they still weren't having it. Oh well, they will manage.

One of my coteachers is absolutely amazing. She created an extrodinarily detailed schedule for each week that tells me exactly the things she is looking for with my teaching. NO Korean teacher, mine or my coworker's, ever gives any type of schedule, not to mention such a detailed one. She also is going to give me free Korean lessons when Winter Intensives are over. I'm excited.

2 comments:

Kay Lynn said...

Thanks for posting, Greg. We miss you too. So how old is this co-teacher? ;-) Wished you were there for Christmas. You'll have to see the photos on Facebook.

Andrew said...

You bet we still read it Greg. Thanks for posting. We miss you too!