So I just had the random thought to tell AK that our lettuce is done (isn't that classic Nelbett news?). Thought I'd just post.
We're going camping with the young marrieds' group at church this weekend. Last count I heard was 21 -- including kids but not babies -- wow!! Damon and I are in charge of Saturday dinner. We were thinking of doing Greek gyros w/yogurt and all the fixings, because the meat would cook quickly. We'll see if Costco has the right meat. Anybody have an idea for side dishes? Maybe we'll bring a box of fruit and make a huge green salad....
We've been planning for months to see The Mystery of Edwin Drood at Shakespeare on Friday night with the Altrees and Royers. I think the six of us will caravan to the campsite early on Saturday. I heard a review of the musical on NPR this morning; they said it was the best musical ever written. Apparently, the audience votes on the ending, because Dickens died before he finished writing the story. The cast has rehearsed 21 different endings, each with different song lyrics. Fun.
Sure enjoyed hanging out with everyone over the 4th. I love being around Dan -- he is so much like UT!!!
Damon is fixing up our inside staircase to paint. That's a big project. The trim all has to be repaired and the edges need work... it is going to look SO GOOD when he's done!
My new hearing aids are (finally) working on the phone, and they're better in quiet situations now. I think we are done adjusting... now time to pay. They are waterproof -- within reason; you're not supposed to swim laps with them, -- but I am so excited! Maybe I will finally float the Boise River! :-)
Love you guys; let us know what's new.
2 comments:
Such a great posting.
And is that the correct usage of a semi colon at the end there?
I don't know how to use those.
I'm glad you enjoyed your lettuce. I finally covered mine in the hot weather, as recommended by the Statesman garden columnist. I am sure that when I get home Tuesday it will be finished.
I have had a great week here in Seattle with Andrew. His roommate is in Thailand, so I have had my own little space here in Zach's room. Since I have had my car I haven't felt like I needed to bus to the city every day. Several days I did not even drive the car, but it is here.
We had Lauren and her mom for crockpot chiili on Thursday, last night and the night before we biked to dramatic sunset observation spots to see the city skyline and/or the mountains & water. This is a nice place to live. It has not been warm, except for a couple of days. I miss Boise.
That's all for now. It will be good to see the Ranks today, and then get on home early Tuesday.
Love, AK
Post a Comment