Saturday, August 16, 2008

The week

It has been a good week and a bad week. It all started Saturday a week ago when both Jeri Lu and I had to work all day. We were pretty exhausted after Mark Lehrman being gone all week and back-to-school business being in full swing. Then one of our key employees was in a swim,ride,run marathon deal and needed Saturday off. Saturday we loaded about 2500 garments into the big van and a borrowed trailer and the Subaru in prep for driving 95 miles for setting up a uniform store at Wendell Middle School. Then Jeri Lu and I had to go in for about 3 hours on Sunday to complete the loading. We don't ever work on Sunday and hadn't worked at the store on Saturday for a long time. Then I got up at 2:45 on Monday morning at left the store with three employees on Monday to sell all day in Wendell then we got back at 5:30 pm just in time to drive to the new West Junior High to set up another store with even more stuff and sell there to a throng of people until 8:30. Then back again for three days more at West. We were all pretty tired by the end of the week. We unloaded and loaded all those garments 6 times!

It was disappointing that we didn't sell nearly as much as we planned. It will take us a year or so to sell all the left over inventory.

On the bright side it has been just great to have Laura and Greg home for most of the summer. It has been delightful. Laura and Greg get along really well and it has been really fun. Laura is going to be a wonderful nurse and Greg just loves working with the kids at play camp.

Today I will be helping Laura move and going to get a used washer and drying with Greg for Laura's new place. We are trying to have a garage sale next Saturday and I plan on working on that as well. I feel pretty guilty for not going in to the store today but we just really needed the weekend.

There's what's happening here. Let's hear from Andy......don't you think?

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Ha. I'm at one of my best friends weddngs in Wenatchee, WA. It is 108 degrees today. We're miserably hot. But having a great time. I'll give a good entry on Monday.

AK-mom said...

I sure hope you both have a nice quiet week ahead. At least it should be cooler. That sounds like a wild ride last week.

Maybe you can require all your employees to dress in junior high uniforms - - - that would promote the sales and reduce inventory.