Saturday, April 28, 2007

Prayers, please.

At the audiology department staff meeting this Thursday, they will be discussing the possibility of hiring me full time this summer. I would be doing newborn screens and working in the office (which is what I do now in a work study capacity). The audiologists and the receptionist are for it, but they have to convince the neurosciences manager. So far, the manager has agreed ot hire me part time. This would pretty much be the sweetest job ever for me - I've worked there for 3 years, and I know the job well and I love the people in the office. Plus, they would pay me the hearing screener wages for my office work rather than the minimum wage I'm making there now. So - please pray for the manager as she makes her decision.

9 comments:

Kay Lynn said...

You BET!

Andrew said...

WOW! That would be great!

I'll be praying.

AK-mom said...

We sure will pray!!! Is there way you could drop some hints about maybe finding something else for the summer that would pay better than your min wage?

Maybe they already know that would be naturally part of what you do have available as an option this summer.

Laura said...

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Through work study, I make minimum wage. If Legacy hired me, I would make nearly twice what I'm making now.

AK-mom said...

Can you tell them politely that you need to get off work study for the summer and find a job where you can make more and be full-time for the summer . . . . . Then they might have to offer you full-time or loose you . . . . You could find something, I bet.

Laura said...

I couldn't do work study this summer even if I wanted to. By the end of May, I'll have used all of the hours the government has allotted me for the school year.

AK-mom said...

We will be praying for your bosses tomorrow.

AK et UT

Kay Lynn said...

We're praying too! Love you, sis!

D&KL

Kay Lynn said...

It's Saturday.... any word?